Why Become ISO 9001 Certified
While many businesses across the U.S. are evaluating the best ways to lower overhead expenses, decrease spending and save money, it’s important to remember not to eliminate or rule out the items that will set your business apart from your competition. ISO certification from an accredited certification body is one of those points of differentiation.
Whether you’re seeking certification for ISO quality management system, using a certification body (CB) with oversight will not only place you among the best of the best in your industry, it can provide many additional benefits to get you through the rough times and make your business stronger when the market improves.
ISO certification provides:
- Higher Standards. Registrars like IQC utilize best practices and focus on continuous improvement with oversight and guidance from our accreditation board.
- Increased Prospects. Many businesses mandate that their suppliers and other business partners be certified to ISO and other globally-accepted standards. No certification equals a loss in prospects that have these requirements in place. Maintaining or achieving certification can open the doors to additional contract work or new long-term clients.
- International Opportunities. Have you tapped into the world’s marketplace? Being certified to an internationally-accepted standard elevates you to an even playing field with businesses around the globe. With accredited certification, your target market can be broadened since you’ll be able to approach prospects that might not have given you a second look without it
- Certification with Credentials. Getting certified by an accredited registrar provides you certification with credentials. It’s not just a piece of paper that any other company can provide you after an “inspection” or “audit.” You can rest assured knowing that you, like your registrar, have been held to the highest standards and practices to establish a visual commitment to quality within the marketplace
- Knowledgeable Auditors. Auditors that represent accredited registrars are benchmarked to prescriptive requirements from accreditation boards. At IQC, our auditors meet, and often exceed these requirements with their industry and business knowledge and experience. They focus on fully understanding the businesses they audit and provide practical evaluations that add value, improve business results and maximize the quality system investment.
The importance of achieving and maintaining certification has never been more relevant. With the globalization of business and increased competition, certification can help place you at the top among the best of your peers. Stay strong in a cost-cutting economy by focusing on improving your business and your commitment to the product or service you stand behind, as well as the customers and prospects you serve.
ISO 9001 provides businesses with a quality management system that includes proven tools to help them efficiently and effectively manage their business, while providing quality products. In today’s highly competitive market, ISO 9001 can help business gain a competitive advantage edge, as well as open the door to the global market.
The ISO 9001 system integrates a company’s internal processes across the entire organization, facilitating a process approach for managing the business organizations. It provides a system to identify, measure, control and improve the various core business processes, ultimately leading to improved business performance.
Aerospace, auto, chemicals, electrical, engineer, environmental, food, manufacturing, metal, transportation and many more.